Get the survey done

If you require a mortgage then you will need to have a Home Buyer’s survey conducted by a qualified surveyor on the house you want to purchase. The survey will highlight any problem areas such as faulty gas and electrics. You can also have a Structural Survey conducted on your property that will indicate any structural issues but being the most in depth survey, it also costs the most.